1. Documentary about BG Based Latino Artist scheduled to be screened at ARTWALK April 26th and WBGU TV in May.
2. Former WBGU FM Announcer and Retired WBGU TV Producer Luis Chaluisan Presented His Published Work By Invitation At The Local Author Fair In BG Ohio this past Saturday April 12, 2014.
3. The Documentary on his artistic career (Rocker Roller Rican) is scheduled to be screened at ARTWALK April 26th at the Connection Center BG. Noon-1-2-3 PM Free of charge and WBGU TV in May 2014.
4. The Documentary is scheduled to be screened free of charge at CINCO DE MAYO Celebration Bowling Green by Invitation of Easy Street Cafe Owner Victor at Grumpy Daves (9:00 PM)
5. The Rocker Roller Rican Documentary Has Been Put In Circulation At Wood County District Public Library Bowling Green. Residents are now able to check out the DVD for a week at a time.
6. Luis L.f. Chaluisan Batlle 1982-84 Music Recordings-Local Newspaper Coverage and Vintage Posters from the Period of his band “Little Otis and The Upsetters” (plus development of the Upsetters Repetoire by La Gran Orquesta El Extreme Luis Chaluisan) Archived in BGSU Music Library by invitation from William Schurk Sound Recordings Archivist BGSU Music Library and Sound Recordings in the Jerome Library Archives as being contributors to the NW Ohio Pop Culture scene by introducing Caribbean and Original Latin Tinge Alternative Rock 1982-84.
7. The Documentary About Luis Chaluisan Amherst 1986 BA Theater Arts Rocker Roller Rican begins with film of Nuyorican Performer El Extreme Luis Chaluisan in October 1975 at Amherst College (a mere three months after he turned professional as a dancer-singer at the age of 17 with the Alliance of Latin Artists in NYC.) It is thoroughly produced filmed review as he travels from the Bronx in 1975 to the present day through the national American arts world as a Ballet/Jazz/Salsa/Folkloric Dancer-Curated Artist-Latin/Indie Rock musician-CBS/Telemundo/PBS News Reporter-Television Producer-Published Author-Radio Show Host-TV Station Manager-National Slam Poetry Ct. Team Champion.
8.The Documentary then heads to Channel 56 New York City for June 2014 Premiere.
ROCKER ROLLER RICAN Free preview and dropbbox download of ROCKER ROLLER RICAN http://lnkd.in/dZm8Ny5
ROCKER ROLLER RICAN NYC PREMIERE
Tuesday June 17 and June 24, 2014
10:30 pm Lifestyle Channel 56
(TWC) Time Warner Cable
Rocker Roller Rican (full DVD Contents – 5 Videos)
ROCKER ROLLER RICAN
Directed by: Maria Hernandez
Produced by: Mike Tapp
Featuring: Luis Chaluisan
Film Directed by: John Coles Punk Productions 1975 (Latest Credit HOUSE OF CARDS Netflix)
Film Directed by: Tony Ortiz Topproductions NYC 1984
Off Broadway Scenes Directed by: Petronia Paley 2002
Set Design by: Albert Chaluisan
DVD Cover Artwork Vicki Lee (BG)
ROCKER ROLLER RICAN SOUNDTRACK
La Gran Orquesta El Extreme 1991
Ray Stingray Sabater
Little Otis And The Upsetters 1984
Ras Man Norman 19
Grant Friedrich Drums 20
Phil Berg Saxophone/Flute 23
Stan Middleton Trombone 21
Ron Wagner Bass 27
Billy Hanway Guitar 21
Tim Timbo Seewer Harp 18
Luis Chaluisan 27
Mambo eX 1993
Guest Appearances by:
Guy Le Charles Gonzalez
The Fania All Stars